- "Freedom in its most elemental state is the power to withdraw one's consent when the State-or anyone else-lays an improper claim to one's life or property." -Will Grigg 'Reflections on Resurrection Sunday: We're Commanded to be Free' ProLiberate 3.23.2008 http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2008/03/from-jay-robinson-actor.html
- Garbage in, Gospel out -Howard Hayden
- Sacred cows make the best hamburger. - Mark Twain
- A man’s greatest pleasure is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them that which they possess, to see those whom they cherish in tears, to ride their horses, to hold their wives and daughters in his arms. -Ghengis Khan
- Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always.--Gandhi
- How do we solve all the world's problems? Get the hungry to eat the homeless.-http://www.jokes2go.com/qtoday.html
- "We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing." --attributed to Mother Teresa
- "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
-Lao Tzu quoted by Monty Roberts, 'The Man Who Listens to Horses'
- 'But where everyone is blind-- who misses the day, who notices the darkness?'--Joan D Vinge, 'The Crystal Ship'
- 'Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own'--Robert Heinlein, 'Stranger in a Strange Land'
- "Systems get improved to unusability". That's one of 'Converys Rules'. It applies to Nations as well as software. -Andrew Convery
- "To be governed is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonoured. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."--Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, 'General Idea of the Revolution in the Nineteenth Century'
- 'When then does humankind recognize that Freedom is a birthright of all, and that to ensure ones own birthright that one must fight not only for their own freedoms, but those of others as well?'--Two Wolf @ BikerorNot.com
- "And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more—we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."--Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago Vol. I, pg. 13 (footnote 5)
- 'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.'-Georg Orwell
- .....sometimes people don't want/need to be rescued from their storm they just need someone to ride out the storm with them!--Jane Bookham
- What is individual freedom and what is the proper function of law? Liberty is the absence of human intervention with the endeavors of an individual to utilize his life, liberty, and property (and all adjunct rights flowing therefrom) as he sees fit and for the ends he desires, limited only by the equal liberty of all individuals in society.
— Ridgway K. Foley, Jr., The Freeman [June 1971]
- "One tragic fact is plain to see: There are too many Americans who simply fear Muslims more than they love or understand freedom."-Will Grigg, ‘Hysterical Blindness’ Pro Libertate 3.24.2011
- The universe began with a word. But which came first: the word or the thought behind the word? You can't create language without thought, and you can't conceive a thought without language, so which created the other, and thus created the universe?--Tom Hood [December 2011]
- "Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive." --Josephine Hart
- . “green” is really red – or brown. And it’s all about control.--Eric Peters comment on August 5, 2012 at 9:39 am at http://ericpetersautos.com/2012/08/02/v2v-the-end-of-driving-by-you-anyhow
- Truth, the new hate speech. ---Art Wilmeth on Facebook during a comment thread 2012.12.30
- We fight cathartic battles, and win Pyrrhic victories. --Nash Montana at https://www.facebook.com/montananash/posts/653225644710569